Sunday, January 16, 2011

Begynnelsen av Slutten

 A good friend recently decided to start voicing his opinion through this very medium, a thing many of us wish to do, but choose not, because we either feel our opinions either do not carry enough weight to be important, or we  simply think that we'll just become another annoying voice clogging up the pipes of the internet. Though both have the potential to be proven true, for now I'll stick with the headstrong attitude of aforementioned friend and say "fuck it." Like all works throughout the ages, across cultures, paradigms, and general beliefs, not a single person may read these words or subscribe to my predilections, but regardless, I will print them nonetheless for my own self-satisfaction, because the subjects are at least important enough to me.

 For a little background information, I am a Canadian writer, musician, and music enthusiast. This blog will mainly serve as a catalyst for my opinions on music, hopefully shedding some light on artists and albums that not everyone has had the fortune (or misfortune) to have heard. Some of my suggestions and reviews will be well known to many people across the world, others not so much, and as such, not everyone will see things in the same light as myself, so I offer a caveat; this is not a guide to what is right and wrong in the world of music, this is simply a tool to help others. No one has the absolute rule over music excellence, though there are certain cases where the majority are very much inclined to reach a quick consensus. Either way, I will present works how I view them. If you happen to read this blog and feel passionately one way or another about what I have said, by all means, you're free to support or refute my reviews.

 Being a writer, I may also occasionally cover particularly inspired prose I come across, and if I feel it's of quality, may even post some of my own.

 Going with this theme, I immediately encourage you to visit my friend's blog, as he's a passionate connoisseur of cinema, and may turn your head towards some brilliant works (or turn you away from some absolute garbage).
http://stuffyoumightfindinteresting.blogspot.com/

 A little more background information, this blog will have essentially no limits in terms of genre boundaries. Though I'm a die-hard metalhead, my tastes stretch quite far, so don't be surprised to see black metal, synth pop, jazz, folk, world, R&B, country etc., even within the same posting depending on how eclectic the release is. For a taste of the music I like to make, check out http://www.myspace.com/kvltmart .

 So without further adieu, I give you Kvlt-Mart's "Übermäßig Musikk och Goda Tider Blogg".



No comments:

Post a Comment